Facebook is the world’s fastest and largest Social Media Network. People starting from a very young age to the old ones have their accounts on Facebook and they use them. Apart from entertainment, a social media platform like Facebook provides a lot of opportunities to grow oneself and also their business. It is very common to understand that all the people on Facebook are not our friends even if they are on our friend’s list. Are you experiencing continuous discouragement or malicious activities of a person on your feed, and then it is quite simple to get them out of your way. Just Block them and you will be fine to go. A hated comment for your perspective or triggering other people to comment on your photos can drive us crazy. As a simple solution, Facebook provides us an option to block them and enjoy their service free of cost.
If someone in your network, has crossed what you considered as a line, then you can consider any number of ways to remove their posts. You can block them or hide them. There is also an option to snooze them where you can’t see anything from them for 30 days. In this article, you will see a detailed guide on how to do each one
Let us imagine a situation, where a person in your friend lists writes movie reviews that you absolutely hate. And you don’t want that review to appear on your timeline; here you can simply hide them. Actually, it is very easy to hide the post from your timeline. But it will still appear on the timeline of the person who wrote the post but it doesn’t mean a lot to us.
In order to obtain that you just have to click the three dots on the upper right side of the entry. From there you can proceed to hide a post or else you can snooze their post for 30 days straight up. You are also provided with a chance to unfollow the person from where you cannot able to see their entries on your timeline, but by doing so you will be unfriending them.
After hiding the post, if you change your mind, then you can bring it back again but it will take a bit longer.
- On your Facebook page, click the arrow on the upper right corner.
- Then select the “Settings & Privacy”->” Activity Log”.
- In the left side column, search for the “Filter”. The option will be in a small blue link available at the upper right corner and you can click on it.
- you have to scroll down and select “Hidden from Timeline”, then proceed with the “Save Changes” option.
- There you should see the hidden posts on the left-hand side, hover the mouse cursor over the post you want to unhide. And then click on the three dots from there you have to restore it.
Simply Unfriend them in your Facebook account
You may have added a person whom you thought would be nicer, but they turn out to post horror posts or something which keeps disturbing you. Here hiding posts cannot help you, the best solution here is to unfriend them. Just by following the below-mentioned steps, you can unfriend them.
- Go to the profile of a person whom you want to unfriend from there you can click on their profile photo or search on their name.
- Then click on the person icon which is right next to the message button.
- Then you have to select the unfriend option and then click on confirm.
According to Facebook, after unfriending a person, it will notify them. But once after it is done you may not care about it all. But if you want to again add them as your friend, then you can continue the friending process again.
Block Somebody in Facebook
Blocking is done, when a person is so much fed up by the other one. The process is very easy and can be done without any hurdles. When you block a person, then you cannot them on your timeline, and also you cannot see them or their activities.
- To block somebody you have to follow the below-mentioned steps
- Click the arrow on your Facebook Page which is present in the upper right corner.
- Then click on “Settings & Privacy” and then look click on the “Settings” option.
- Then search for the option “Blocking” in the left-hand column.
- Look for the “Block User” section in the center of your page and type the person’s name in the field named “Block Users”.
- A list will show up the names, from there find the person you want to block and then click the block button which is present next to their name.
If you change your mind and want to unblock the users, then it is relatively very simple. You can go to the “Block Users” site where you will see a list of people you have blocked. Then click the unblock button to unblock the people on your blocked list.
Well, in this article you have seen a detailed guide on how to hide and block persons on Facebook.