According to me, the Zoom application users can be broadly classified into before pandemic users and after pandemic users. To most people’s surprise, Zoom has been used by many people and organizations for conducting face-to-face meetings. If you haven’t used Zoom yet, then this guide is for you and it will also help people to know more about the features. The group video calls are limited to 40 minutes in zoom, where other normal calls can without the time limit. If you want to make your online group calls longer, then you can opt for the Zoom’s Pro Plan. The Pro plan costs about $14.99 a month. In this article, we will see a detailed guide in using the Zoom Video conferencing application, firstly we will start by registering in the Zoom application.
Register yourself in Zoom 2020
Zoom application is available for both Mobile phones and Laptops. Here we will start by registering ourselves self-using a laptop.
- First of all, go to the signup page of Zoom. Here you have to enter your date of birth; it is because the zoom is not for people below 16 years of age unless it is for schooling purposes.
- Once you completed the first step, then in the next step you can see at the top of the webpage to enter the email. If you proceed by entering your email in “Your work email”, then you can proceed to the next step. But if you want to sign in with Google, Facebook after downloading the Zoom desktop app.
- After entering the email address, you will receive an activation email from Zoom. you will find a “Activate Account” button and make sure the button is enabled Otherwise, you can copy-paste the URL from the mail to the browser to activate the account.
- On the next page, you will be asked that if you are logging in for school. Assuming that you will answer ”No” to this question, then you will be taken to another account.
- On the next page, you have to fill up your first name and last name.
- On the next step, you can invite other people to join Zoom, otherwise, you can skip this step.
- A personal meeting URL is given and you will have to click the orange button stating “Start meeting Now” to have attended the meeting.
- After installing the zoom desktop app, you’ll see two buttons one shows “Sign in with Google” and the other shows “sign in with Facebook”. Click your choice and you will have to follow the prompts.
- Once after logging in, make sure you are present in the “Home” tab. Then select the “New meeting tab” which will start your meeting.
Sign in using Mobile Application through Zoom 2020
If you are using a mobile phone for downloading the zoom application, the process is very similar to the web process.
- Download the mobile application from the play store on your Android or iOS service. After installing the zoom application, then sign in using the “Sign Up”.
- Next, you will be asked to confirm the age. Once after confirming the age, they will send an activation mail. Then activating the mail, then tap the “Activate Account”.
- Once after completing the personal zoom meeting URL. Then click the “Start Meeting Now” button and then you will be directed to the waiting room for the test meeting.
- Click the “Sign in” button to enter your meeting board. Then you have enter all the basic information required.
- After the test meeting, you will open up in the application.
Start a Meeting Now using Zoom 2020
Once after completing the registration process, then it is very simple to start a meeting.
Using the WEB application
- Open the application.
- Then click the “New Meeting” button and then start the meeting immediately. A video window will open and then continued by a pop-up window to join the meeting using the computer’s audio. If you want to test the speaker and microphone, then do that.
- To invite the people, hover the mouse over the meeting window .Your password’s meeting is also present in that menu. So when you are ready, then click the “Invite” button.
Using a Mobile Application
- On the application, you can tap the “New Meeting”
- If you want to use your meeting, then select the “start a meeting”.
- To invite people to the meeting, then tap “participants” on the bottom row of icons and then select the “invite” button at the top. Once done you can send the messages through various services like Messenger, Messages, Gmail or you can copy the link to your clipboard.
Along with the above-mentioned features, you can also use other features like scheduling a meeting, organizing a meeting, and many other features like graphic backgrounds. Zoom also allows you to record the whole video sessions to make use of future exam preparation and for client discussions.